Surendra Kumar Mehta. JAIPUR (RAJASTHAN) INDIA, November 18, 2005
Was Diagnosed in 1998 with 95% block in RCA, 50% in Proximal, with normal LAD. Cardio at JAIPUR advised PTCA. Friend Cardio in Delhi advised to remain on medication because of following reasons:
1. I am purely asymptomatic. No angina or other symptoms felt during last 30 years.
2. Not obese. Vegetarian. Life style non sedentary. Taking medication: Angispan 2.5 TDS, Cipril 5mg, Ecosprin 75mg OD, Glycomet 850 BD. Glizid 80 OD (for DM) Cardioplus.
Recently have gone through many newspaper reports regarding possibility of SILENT HEART ATTACK TO DIABETIC TYPE II PATIENTS.
1 Should I undergo Thalium Scan test to find out the extent of damage if any, to heart muscles?
2. If there is not substantial damage to heart muscles, due to collaterals being developed, should I continue further with the medicines only?
3. If no damage to Muscles is found, and I don't go for PTCA, what guarantee is there against any heart attack, if the portion of block in RCA is broken and passed on with the blood flow.
4. If now, I decide to for PTCA kindly advise for the type of Drug eluting Stent to be used? Kindly advise.

Add a Post to This Topic           Return to all Forum Topics

Current Postings:

• You state you are asymptomatic and a Diabetic. Well, perhaps I should enlighten you. Up until my heart seized up, I thought I was ASYMPTOMATIC! Actually, all the way up until 4 days after it halted in the middle of some enjoyable excercise! I apologize for not being able to tell if you are a female or a male by your name and I would hate to assume either way. So, if you are a female, you may never get a "sign" until you see yourself floating away from your body. . .(depending on your belief in the after life). If you are a Male, men tend to ignore the signs and explain them away as other than having a heart problem. The Thalium test is not as accurate as an angiogram, and for some, it is the only viable way to get the best picture. Perhaps you do have collaterals that have been carrying you up until now, and you have not yet challenged your heart to the point where the current blood supply lines are unable to support the load. No way would you want to find out "that way" if all is okay OR NOT! 20/20 hindsight allowed me to see where I made many excuses over a 6 month period for the things I was feeling . . . and each one avoided the real culprit, which was my heart. 15 coronary stents later, here I am and able to tell with pretty clear accuracy when my heart is having a problem. . .(knock on wood). It's a learning experience for some, and it's a death sentence for others. . . play it safe, get it checked and learn the signs. I have 3 types of Stents . . . Plain, Cypher and Taxus . . . so far, one Cypher stent has developed restinosis . . . Good luck
RayZ, San Diego CA, December 01, 2005

• There is a wonderful, new book out called "Heal Your Heart with EECP" by Debra Braverman, M.D., which can be ordered through www.bravermancenters.com This is a non-invasive treatment for angina from blockages and for congestive heart failure that is becoming increasingly popular in India. Very safe. Relatively inexpensive. Also known as ECP which stands for External Counterpulsation. There is a cardiologist in New Delhi with whom you may wish to consult. His name is Kulwant Sharma., M.D., and his email is neovask@yahoo.com He has successfully treated over 200 heart disease patients with this treatment and has tracked their progress for over 2 years. Four patients died, 3 from accidents and 1 from a malignancy as best as I recall. He is quite convinced of the merits ot this new technology which most other cardiologists still do not fully understand or appreciate. See www.bravermancenters.com -- www.vasomedical.com -- www.cardiomedics.com
Gerald Oros, OrosCo Product Specialties, Collinsville, IL, November 30, 2005

add your response
Please keep your posting concise. For readability we limit responses to 1,200 characters. Also note that The Forum is not an "ask-a-doctor" service; we do not dispense medical
advice about a patient's specific situation. Read our disclaimer and note that no information
on this Forum should be viewed as a substitute for medical advice or as a consultation
with a medical doctor
: characters left

Forum name -- how do you want to be identified on your post (Required) your email address (Required):
email address must be current and valid; if email sent to the address
below is returned, your comments will not be posted; your email address
will not be displayed on the Forum unless you specifically request it: please enter your email address again (for verification)
geographic location (city, state, province and/or country -- Required):
REQUIRED -- Check the box below to let us know you are a "real human being" and not a spambot. You must check this box for your posting to be submitted: I am a real person and not a spambot The following information is optional. your name:

your organization:
Check the box below if you wish Angioplasty.Org to "anonymize" your posting (for example, John Doe, Baltimore, Maryland, USA would become John D., Maryland, USA): please anonymize me To submit your post, please click the button below once and wait for a confirmation.
Clicking more than once will result in multiple submissions.

Please note the following disclaimer: The information contained in this web site is accurate to the best of the knowledge of Angioplasty.Org. None of this information should be viewed as a substitute for medical advice or as a consultation with a medical doctor. It is highly recommended that readers discuss any advice with a medical doctor before deciding on a course of action. Angioplasty.Org or its producers assume no liability for any actions taken as a result of information contained on this site, whether implied or expressed. Opinions and recommendations expressed on the FORUM are solely those of their authors. All submissions are reviewed and posted at the editors' discretion. FORUM submissions that are primarily commercial in nature, advertising services or products, are not posted. Any medical advice expressed on the FORUM does not necessarily represent the views of Angioplasty.Org, its producers, or of anyone associated with it, or of others appearing on this web site. Please note that this is a moderated discussion, so your response will appear after a short review.

Angioplasty.Org Home •  PatientCenter

send comments & suggestions to "info at angioplasty dot org"
Read our Privacy statement.

Angioplasty.Org is an editorially independent informational health site
which has received unrestricted educational grants from
Medtronic plc, TCROSS NEWS, Toshiba America Medical Systems, Volcano Corporation, Terumo Medical Corporation
Cardium Therapeutics, Inc. and Lenox Hill Heart and Vascular Institute of NY

For more information, see About Us
All content, including text, photos and video
©Copyright Venture Digital LLC 1996-2021