Angioplasty.Org
Most Popular Angioplasty Web Site

Tingling Feeling in Arm

Email Bookmark and Share

My left arm has been tingling for about a week. I went to Dr. my blood pressure was high and he did a ekg it was abnormal so he is sending me for a nuclear stress test, he also did some blood work. My question: Can tingling occur if you have a blocked arteries?

Add Your Comment           See More Topics

Patients Are Reading...
a stent Top Forum Chat: How Long Will a Stent Last?
Transradial Wrist Approach to Angioplasty Patient Guide: FAQ on Wrist Angioplasty
Activated Patient The Activated Patient Blog:
Our Blog for Patients
candy hearts Twitter: Follow us on Twitter @cardiopatient
Bike Race Patient Empowerment: Take Charge with Action Resources
Doctor and patient PatientCenter: Read and Learn about Heart Health

CT scan of heart
Like your local educational TV or radio station, our Forum relies on help from visitors like you. The grant funding we receive does not fully cover our costs; please consider making a recurring monthly contribution or a one-time donation.
Donate Now!

More from the Forum:
• Browse through existing topics on the Patient Forum
• Create a New Topic on the Patient Forum

Click here for more information about the following ads

Current Postings on This Page (5):

• Mike from Florida -- You should discuss the pluses and minuses of getting a Cardiac CT with your cardiologist. It certainly is less invasive than a standard angiogram and, assuming it is done at a center where all the current low-dose protocols are utilized, the radiation is less than a cath. An important finding in most of the studies done is that Cardiac CT is 98-99% accurate for negative predictability -- in other words, if the CT shows no coronary artery disease, then you can be pretty sure there is none. You can read more about Cardiac CT in our Imaging and Diagnosis Center.
Angioplasty.Org Staff, Angioplasty.Org, February 3, 2011

• I've had left arm tingling for at least a month now. Had had abnormal EKG's for 2 yrs. Recently had Echo with low pressure of 40, Nuclear Stress, which was normal, and a 24 hr Holter Monitor which was perfect. Blood pressure usually 110/70 but down to 95/60 late evenings. Doc says get Cardiac catheterization to be 100% safe but I'm looking at a 256 CT Scan first; or perhaps instead.
Mike, Florida, USA, January 19, 2011

• I had tingling my my left arm and hand after a stent was inserted but it turned out to be a pinched nerve in my neck. My doctor ordered X-ray first.
Phyllis R, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA, October 3, 2006

• A.B. -- you certainly did the right thing by going to see your doctor. Tingling in the left arm is sometimes felt by people having a heart attack, but you've had this for a week and we'd assume your doctor has ruled out that scenario. But tingling can be a sign of something and, along with your other signs, certainly would indicate that the cause needs to be discovered. You can read more about nuclear stress tests in our new Imaging and Diagnosis Center. The test should show if you have ischemia, lack of blood flow to the coronary arteries. Let us know what you find out.
Angioplasty.Org Staff, Angioplasty.Org, July 8, 2006

My left arm has been tingling for about a week. I went to Dr. my blood pressure was high and he did a ekg it was abnormal so he is sending me for a nuclear stress test, he also did some blood work. My question: Can tingling occur if you have a blocked arteries? Also I am on blood pressure medication.
A.B., Saint Louis, Missouri, USA, July 8, 2006

add your response
Please keep your posting concise. For readability we limit responses to 1,200 characters. Also note that The Forum is not an "ask-a-doctor" service; we do not dispense medical
advice about a patient's specific situation. Read our disclaimer and note that no information
on this Forum should be viewed as a substitute for medical advice or as a consultation
with a medical doctor
: characters left

Forum name -- how do you want to be identified on your post (Required) your email address (Required):
email address must be current and valid; if email sent to the address
below is returned, your comments will not be posted; your email address
will not be displayed on the Forum unless you specifically request it: please enter your email address again (for verification)
geographic location (city, state, province and/or country -- Required):
REQUIRED -- Check the box below to let us know you are a "real human being" and not a spambot. You must check this box for your posting to be submitted: I am a real person and not a spambot The following information is optional. your name:

your organization:
Check the box below if you wish Angioplasty.Org to "anonymize" your posting (for example, John Doe, Baltimore, Maryland, USA would become John D., Maryland, USA): please anonymize me To submit your post, please click the button below once and wait for a confirmation.
Clicking more than once will result in multiple submissions.